Friday 3 July 2009

Week 1 in G-Town

The Headquarters has moved!

Everything's a mess of boxes here at The Headquarters, but the cats are happy and The Punk has already marked several local gigs in his diary for future reveiws. In spite of recent set-backs, I can tell the move is going to be good for the magazine.

Now, when I say set-backs, I mean only that it's taken so long to get everything sorted and printed! It's been done for two weeks already, and we're only going to get it on Monday. It's already time to crack on with the next one, but to get it out in time, we'll have to be done in about 2 weeks. The craziness!

Have been looking into business accounts and sponsorship this week -- you really have to spend money to make money, eh? -- and am waiting to hear back from a few different people. Kitty Moran reckons we should buy a stall at Comicon and sell t-shirts like there's no tomorrow. I think that's a great idea, but we'd have to get enough cash together to make the t-shirts in the first place. I'm not sure when Comicon is, mind, but if we can make it happen, I'm sure it would be worth it.

In other news, we're really enjoying Cardiff so far. ASDA is terrifying. For a minute, I actually thought I'd gone back to America and forgot about it. I'm not sure if that's a good thing yet. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. asda is bad. but new headquarters are good.

    hoping to hang out in cardiff a few days before I leave.

    ReplyDelete