Wednesday 5 August 2009

Photo shoot = Success!


Bryony, originally uploaded by tigerlily watson.

Met Kitty Moran today for an epic six hour photo shoot, and I can't believe how good the pictures in Bute Park turned out. This one is probably our favourite -- you can tell I'm a fan of the PRB! I'm thrilled that it looks so much like a painting; it'll be a good predecessor for our future IN the river shot. Excellent.

Am also coordinating other models for future issues & photo shoots. Good stuff! I can't get over how much easier it's been finding models than, well, anything else. But it's great! As much fun as I've had being on the cover, it's nice that I don't have to be. I don't want to be like Oprah being on the cover of "O" every month.

Kitty Moran is a fantastic fun to work ywith. She can pull off a lot of different looks and she can wear anything! She also risked falling into the Taff today to get these amazing river shots. I usually use black & white photos with solid coloured background for the magazine for obvious reasons, but I'm such a fan of these pictures, I think I'll use them anyway. The colour will look really great on the PDF.


Here's another because you've been good.


Speaking of PDFs, had a late "rush" of online orders yesterday, if you can call it that. A few people ordered colour PDFs all at the same time! Bonus! I love it when that happens, because you get the best pictures that way, even if you don't get to appreciate the double-page spreads, and because I can send them off immediately instead of having to venture to the post office whenever they're open. It's good for the readers, too -- it's instant gratification! No wait!

Interestingly, the next issue is going to have to be in PDF form because we haven't been able to get the funding together to print another run. We'll print a few for us and for Spillers, but we'll really have to press the PDFs for this one. The good news I guess is that they can be relatively cheap and as long as we make back enough money to run the website, we're good!

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment